Englund & Associates
Attorney John A Newton
I am committed to providing our clients with a consistently high level of representation and service.
As former prosecuting attorney for nine years in Sauk, Juneau and Buffalo Counties, Attorney John Newton has a unique understanding of how prosecutors think and strategize. This understanding, coupled with his familiarity of the judicial and criminal justice system, offers a distinct advantage in defending his clients. Prior to becoming a full time prosecuting attorney, Attorney Newton worked in private practice for three years at a general practice firm in Buffalo County. While in general practice Attorney Newton helped his clients address a variety of general practice issues such as real estate, estate planning, civil litigation, and more. No matter what the issue, Attorney Newton's mixture of knowledge and compassion is effective in achieving the best results possible.
Successful Trial Attorney
While serving as a prosecuting attorney for Sauk and Juneau Counties, Attorney Newton earned a reputation of being an effective and fair prosecutor, who was willing to take on difficult cases. His trial experience includes homicides, aggravated and substantial batteries, strangulations, possession of narcotics, Operating While Intoxicated (OWI), cases and more.
The Personal Side
Outside of the practice of law, John's passions revolve around his family, friends and the time he gets to spend hunting and fishing. When not at work or with his wife, Dana, and two sons, Michael and Grady, he most often can be found with family or friends in fishing boat, in an ice shanty or in a duck blind enjoying good company and the outdoors.
Initial Consultation in Baraboo, Lake Delton, or Adams-Friendship
Contact Baraboo/Wisconsin Dells/Adams-Friendship attorney John Newton today to discuss your legal matter.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Defense
- Civil Litgation
- Wisconsin, 2003
- J.D., Southern Illinois University School of Law, Carbondale, 2003
- B.S., Magna Cum Laude, University of Wisconsin Whitewater, 2000
Past Employment Positions
- Sauk County Assistant District Attorney 2011 - 2014
- Juneau County Assistant District Attorney 2006 - 2011
- Buffalo County Assistant District Attorney 2005 - 2006
- Buffalo County Assistant Corporation Counsel 2003 - 2006
- Hartman & Duvall S.C. / Hartman Seifert and Schultz LLC 2003 - 2006
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Wisconsin Bar Association, Member: 2003 - Present
- Tri-County Bar Association, Member: 2003 - 2006